Set Development Roadmap
The following is a detailed road-map of most things you would want to consider while making an achievement set. It's not required to follow this exactly but is meant as a guide.
- Game manual: Review
- Game Faqs: Read/check
- Game Cheats: Find, note
- Longplay: Review/watch
- Similar sets: Compare, note favorite ideas
- Partimes: check if they exist
- Speedruns: check if they exist
- Achievements 1: Brainstorm, include ideas from similar sets, manual, etc. - Note secrets, progress, key events, collectibles, scores benchmarks, Easter eggs, bosses, key items, par times, internal rewards.
- Research 2: Check/test that designs are possible.
- Memory 1: Estimate needed addresses for achievements.
- Memory 2: Search for needed memory addresses.
- Balance 1: Balance set for difficulty distribution, remove or redesign those that don't fit.
- Achievements 2: Build the list, push complete to unofficial (not required).
- Memory 3: Search for solutions missing, depending on the game's memory.
- Achievements 3: Add new ideas as they come.
- Achievements 4: Rework or remove ideas that are impossible.
Pre-release Final stepslink
- Titles & Descriptions: Finalize
- Bugs 1: Test achievements for bugs, possibly make/use movies.
- Game page: Update. Game icon, images, info, resources, similar games.
- Leaderboards (optional): Code
- Rich presence: Code
- Badges: Create
- Achievements 7: Push to core
- Points: Balance to your cap
- Ordering: Do it
- Forum post: Make announcement
- Bugs 2: Fix those that come.
- Balance 2: Re-balance set difficulty based on feedback.
Last 10 changes on this page:
[2019-02-08 10:57] meleu:fix markdown
[2018-02-17 18:08] Kvon:Updated Set Development Roadmap (markdown)
[2018-01-29 13:35] meleu:tagged Rich Presence as optional
[2017-11-27 05:42] meleu:format fix
[2017-11-26 06:43] meleu:cosmetic
[2017-11-26 06:31] meleu:improved markdown formatting
[2017-11-26 00:32] Kvon:added preface, changed title from "Sample Set Development Roadmap"