RATools is a standalone executable designed to assist developers of the retroachievements.org community. It's primary purpose is to provide a scripting language for achievement development.
- RAScript is a domain-specific language (DSL) that allows achievement developers for retroachievements.org the ability to design achievements using many of the modern conveniences provided by programming languages - such as variables, loops, and comments.
- Getting Started: Introduction to using RATools
- Memory: Examples of variables and functions - Example Game: Sonic the Hedgehog
- Add Hits: Examples of counting with tally - Example Game: Streets of Rage 2
- Bitflags: Examples of counting bit flags with For Loops - Example Game: Pokémon Red | Blue
- Arithmetic Operations: Examples of using arithmetic functions to convert values from Binary-Coded Decimal (BCD) - Example Game: Pitfall!
- Pointers: Examples of pointer use and data structures - Example Game: Spider-Man
- If/else: Examples of using logic conditions to build an achievement - Example Game: Tetris DX
- Challenges Part 1: Examples of damageless, deathless, and weapon limited challenges - Example Game: Mega man
- Challenges Part 2: Examples of speedruns and other time challenges - Example Game: Super Mario World
- Triggers and Measure: Examples of using these flags together - Example Game: Street Fighter II: The World Warrior
- Strings: Examples of utilizing specific arrays - Example Game: Rez
- Rich Presence: Examples of writing dynamic Rich Presence scripts
- Leaderboards: Examples of various types of in-game leaderboards - Example Game: Doom
Many achievement developers' RAScripts are publicly available and are a great resource in becoming more familiar with it: - AlmightyXor - AuburnRDM - Bartis1989 - BenGhazi - Bilalscape12 - Bryan1150 - Etron - FRAN269 - gde - Guinea - Jamiras - lordpsycho - meleu - pinguupinguu - Searo - Sines - SlashTangent - Snow - soopercool101 - suXin - televandalist - theanxietybuster - tomojin - WCopeland - wolfman2000 - zxmega
Last 10 changes on this page:
[2023-06-09 07:03] televandalist:Updated RATools (markdown)
[2023-06-05 22:55] televandalist:Created RATools (markdown)