Set Development Roadmap
The following is a detailed road-map of most things you would want to consider while making an achievement set. It's not required to follow this exactly but is meant as a guide.
- Game manual: Review
- Game Faqs: Read/check
- Game Cheats: Find, note
- Longplay: Review/watch
- Similar sets: Compare, note favorite ideas
- Partimes: check if they exist
- Speedruns: check if they exist
- Achievements 1: Brainstorm, include ideas from similar sets, manual, etc.
- Note secrets, progress, key events, collectibles, scores benchmarks, Easter eggs, bosses, key items, par times, internal rewards.
- Research 2: Check/test that designs are possible.
- Memory 1: Estimate needed addresses for achievements.
- Memory 2: Search for needed memory addresses.
- Balance 1: Balance set for difficulty distribution, remove or redesign those that don't fit.
- Achievements 2: Build the list, push complete to unofficial (not required).
- Memory 3: Search for solutions missing, depending on the game's memory.
- Achievements 3: Add new ideas as they come.
- Achievements 4: Rework or remove ideas that are impossible.
Pre-release Final stepslink
- Titles & Descriptions: Finalize
- Bugs 1: Test achievements for bugs, possibly make/use movies.
- Game page: Update. Game icon, images, info, resources, similar games.
- Leaderboards (optional): Code
- Rich presence: Code
- Badges: Create
- Achievements 7: Push to core
- Points: Balance to your cap
- Ordering: Do it
- Forum post: Make announcement
- Bugs 2: Fix those that come.
- Balance 2: Re-balance set difficulty based on feedback.